With Windows 8, the Windows store has been introduced. Using the store you can search, browse and install published Windows 8 apps. Apps in the store can either be free or paid and incldues trial options. Apps also need to allow you to install them on a minimum of five Windows 8 enabled devices without additional payment/fees.
These apps are tied to your account and can be installed on multiple devices you own provided you use the same account. This may come in handy when you by example:
- Use multiple devices and want to quickly install apps you like on multiple devices.
- Reinstall your PC completely either using the traditional method or by using the new Windows 8 “Reset your PC option”. Note that your apps will be retained when you use the Windows 8 “Reset your PC” option.
Showing apps tied to your account and installing them
- Go to the Windows store
- Toggle the AppBar by right clicking, pressing windows key + Z or swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Select “Your Apps”
- Choose from the dropdown box: “Apps not installed on this PC”
- Select the apps you want to install and select the “Install” button.