In October 2012 I took the beta exams for Exchange 2013. Since there were no books yet, I created a One Note document with all kinds of notes gathered from various sources including TechNet, blogs and 3rd party tech websites. I totally forgot to post these on my blog back then, but better late then never.
I’ve uploaded the original One Note document and a PDF version and a Word version, because the conversion from One Note to WordPress is not really perfect.
But still it’s up to you to use whatever you prefer. Also since there are now books and video training materials, I would recommend you use these as well for preparation.
- 70-341 Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2012
- 70-342 Advances Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2012
- Technet Exchange 2013
- Exchange & Office 365 Ignite Technical training (4 days)
- Well-known ports
- SMTP TCP 25
- SMTP (MSA) TCP 587
- SMTP (Encrypted) TCP 465 <– No SMTP Extensibility
- POP3 TCP 110
- POP3S TCP 995
- IMAP TCP 143
- IMAPS TCP 993
- CAS listens for SIP unsecured on TCP 5060
- CAS listens for SIP secured (TLS) on TCP 5061
- Mailbox server when UMStartupMode is set to Dual, listens for SIP unsecured on TCP 5065 and 5067
- Mailbox server when UMStartupMode is set to Dual, listens for SIP secured (TLS) on TCP 5066 and 5068
- Mailbox server when set to TCP (Default) or TLS, listens for SIP on TCP 5065 and 5066.
- EAC (web based Exchange Administration Center)
- Set-ServerComponentState to take CAS or Mailbox offline
- Cmdlet enhancements
- Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) –> Exchange Online Protection (EOP)
- EAC Feature Panes info
- Site mailboxes accessible through sharepoint and Outlook 2013, but don’t appear in OWA
- Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW)