Today Microsoft has released its Surface Pro and despite the not overly positive reviews, the 128GB model has apparently sold out in many places.
I personally really like the Windows 8 tablets (I own an Acer W700), but I think the pricing for the Surface Pro is still too steep at the moment for the majority of people. Still it should be enough to get people to think about all the great possibilities with Windows 8 tablets.
So let’s wait and see what 3rd parties will do and what will happen to prices over time. I do expect businesses to adopt Windows 8 tablets quite quickly though. Especially since the sales of regular PC’s aren’t doing that well.
For now, I will leave you with links to a couple of reviews so you can see what other people think:
- AnandTech – Microsoft Surface Pro Review
- BGR – Microsoft Surface Pro Review
- Business Insider – REVIEW: Microsoft’s New Tablet, The Surface Pro
- Cnet – Smart almost-laptop nearly gets it right
- Engadget – Microsoft Surface Pro Review
- Forbes – First Impressions: Microsoft Surface Pro
- Gizmodo – Microsoft Surface Pro Review: Too Much Future?
- PCworld – Review: Surface Pro is the world’s best Windows tablet, but still can’t close the deal
- Techcrunch – The Microsoft Surface Pro Proves That The PC Is Back
- Techland – Review: Microsoft Surface Pro, the Surface That’s More PC than Tablet
- Techradar – Hands on: Microsoft Surface Pro review
- The New York Times – It’s a Tablet. No, It’s a PC. Surface Pro Is Both.
- The Seattle Times – Review: Microsoft’s Surface Pro
- The Verge – Microsoft Surface Pro Review
- Wall Street Journal / All things digital – Surface Pro: Hefty Tablet Is a Laptop Lightweight