What’s also interesting is that Apple is losing tablet market share to Google and Microsoft compared to Q1 last year:
My view on this:
- Tablets are becoming increasingly more important.
- Pricing is very important to tablet buyers since the Google Android tablets have been selling that well.
- Apple needs to come up with something fresh if they want to maintain or even increase their market share.
- Windows tablet sales haven’t been as bad as some believed. Of course there’s still a lot of room for improvement, but I think that it will keep gainimg market share. Especially when prices will become more competive and when the number of good apps increaes.
- Windows 8 has been blamed for bad PC sales, but Apple Mac sales fell 7.5% as well. I believe it’s just that customers rather have tablets and smarphones instead of PCs. Also it might be possible that the PC market just has become saturated.