I’ve created a script Get-PhotoByTag that:
- Gets the tags for all photos / pictures / images in a folder.
- Gathers their meta data including tags.
- Allows you to specify which tags need to be in the meta data tag of the file.
- Returns the files that match the criteria.
- Last summer I attended a large wedding in Serbia and a lot of photos were made during the day (2000+). At the evening, people could buy these photos. In general, people desired and bought only photos that contained the bride, groom and people they knew. With this function, after the photos are tagged, the desired photos can easily be determined and copied based on the tags.
- I have a pet parrot called Lucky. Pictures of him are scattered over numerous folders. Using this function, these photos can easily be determined.
Download and more information
- I expected the tags to be more easily available, but luckily Ed Wilson created the function Get-FileMetaData that I could leverage:
See also the blog post : Use PowerShell to Find Metadata from Photograph Files
- For those interested, I’ve uploaded the script to Microsoft Script Center.